How to connect with Google Sheet
Follow the below steps to generate a Client Id and Client Secret Key.
- Go to Google Cloud Console and log in with your Gmail account details.
- Now create a new project(or choose an existing one), enter the project name and click on Create.
- Once the project is created, click on the hamburger icon on the top left side and then go to APIs & Sevices and select Library from the menu.
4. Next, in the Library, enable the API service for the following Google Drive API and Google Sheet API.
5. Then, under the API & Service option, select the OAuth Consent Screen, set the user type to External, and click Create.
6. Next, you need to follow a series of steps on the OAuth Consent Screen.
- Fill up the Application Information
- Then add authorised domain names and the Developers email, and then Save & Continue for the rest of the steps.
7. Note: Don't forget to change the Publishing Status to Production; otherwise, you will encounter a 403 error.
8. Then go to Credentials from the API & Services menu and Create new Credentials for OAuth client ID.
9. Next, for the Application Type, selects Web Application and give a suitable Client Name. This name is only used to identify the client and will not be shown to the end-user.
10. Next, go to Authorized redirect URIs and add the URI, which is shown in instruction Step 14 of the Form Vibes settings Page and click on Create.
11. Next, the OAuth Client ID and Key are generated; copy these credentials and paste them into the FormVibes settings page and click on Authenticate.
Once you click on Authenticate, it will redirect you to connect to your Gmail account; that's it, you have successfully integrated the APIs.
Note: While connecting to Gmail, you might encounter some errors like a 403 error; it is basically because you forgot to move your application from Publishing status to Production.
Another error you can get is related to app verification.
To resolve this issue, click on Advanced, go to the app, enable all the permissions required, and then click on Done. This will authenticate your client credentials.